Monday, November 10, 2008
Aloo Mattar ( Potato - Peas Masala)
Potatoes - 1/2 kg(diced and boiled)
Onions - 2
Tomatoes - 2
Peas - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil, Butter - 1 tsp each
To Fry and Grind
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Aniseed - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf - 1
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Coconut - 3/4 tsp
Ginger - 1 piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
* Melt butter and heat oil in a pan.
* Add onions and fry for 2 minutes.
* Add masala and fry till raw smell goes away.
* Add Tomatoes, Turmeric powder and Chilli powder and fry till tomatoes become mushy.
* Add Potatoes and peas with salt and enough water.
* Let it boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
* Garnish with coriander leaves.