Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Thenkuzhal is a type of Murukku. It is a traditional Tamilnadu Savoury. Its very easy to make and quite delicious. It uses only a few ingredients.
Rice Flour - 2 cups
Urad Flour - 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Asfotedia(perungaayam) - little
Butter - 1/2 cube (Butter makes the thenkuzhal nice and crispy)
* Dissolve the salt and asfotedia in 1/2 cup of water.
***** The salt should be dissolved well or the dough will burst in oil.
* Mix the two flours together with melted butter.
* Now add the salted water and make a like a soft chapathi dough.
* Grease the Thenkuzhal/Murukku press with oil and add some dough to it.
* Use it to make Thenkuzhal over hot oil.
* Fry both sides till light golden color.