Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Yet another Krishna Jayanthi Savoury. Here's the receipe...
The basic dough is some what similar to the Thenkuzhal dough. The one difference is that we add soaked chana dal to the dough.
Chana dal - 1 hand full
Rice flour - 3 cups
Urad flour - 1/2 cup
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Asfotedia - little
Butter - 1/2 cube
* Make the dough as per Thenkuzhal dough's instructions.
* Add chana dal to this dough and mix well.
* Make small balls, the size of medium sized lemon.
* Smear oil in a plastic sheet and press the balls into thin circles.
* Fry them in oil till golden brown.
* Tasty Thattai's are ready.
****** It is better to eat it after it is completely cool or the Thattai won't be crispy.