Appam is a Traditional Tamilnadu food. Usually made for festivals like Krishna Jayanthi, Deepavali and Vrathams. Kids love the light sweetness of these puffy appams.
Maida - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 2 pinches
* Dissolve jaggery in little hot water.
* Add Cardamom powder to it.
* Now add the flours little by little and mix it in dosai batter consistency.
* Take small rounded spoonfulls and drop it in hot oil.
* Fry both sides till golden brown.
* Hot appams are ready.